Welcome to our Website.
Rainair is a friendly and very popular flying school based at Beccles Airfield (EGSM) which is an excellent location for aspiring pilots to take to the skies.
Our scenic rural location offers uncluttered airspace and close proximity to the coastline which makes it an excellent training area. Rainair are the license holders of Beccles Airfield and thus we have a dedicated training facility which is fully equipped and licensed by the Civil Aviation Authority.
Services we provide:
- Trial Flight Experiences and Gift Certificates.
- EASA Private Pilot's License (PPL) Training.
- Light Aircraft Pilot's License (LAPL) Training.
- Pilot revalidation.
- Pilot supply shop.
- IMC Instrument Rating.
- Radiotelephony Training.
- Ground School.
- Hangerage and Aircraft Engineering.
- General advice and free tour.
We have four highly experienced flying instructors including our Chief Flying Instructor, Mr Rainer Forster (Flt Lt Rtd) who has over 30 years experience as both an instructor and as the operator of the business.
We would also like to welcome visiting pilots to fly into Beccles Airfield where you are guaranteed a warm welcome. Please see the 'Visiting Beccles Airfield' link above.
Learning to Fly at Rainair offers the following advantages:
- A dedicated licensed aerodrome shared with only a few other operators meaning no delays to training that may be experienced through booking out, taxiing and flying to training zones at other locations.
- An excellent training team including four highly experienced instructors with an excellent student success rate.
- Currently some of the best value flying rates available for training and aircraft hire nationally.
- A fleet of five dedicated training aircraft (4 x Cessna 150 and 1 x Cessna 172).
- A realistic experience of training and operating at an active aerodrome with local traffic, parachuting, helicopters and microlights sharing the traffic zone of this popular airfield.Our location is conveniently placed near to several Aerodrome Traffic Zones which are useful for training purposes.
- ALL exams (both ground school and flying) can be done in-house with our own examiners on site.
- Friendly club atmosphere with club members offering support and a club house with Wi-Fi and plenty of coffee!